Hand Printed Cushions

Hand Printed Cushions

Monday 30 April 2012

My work ( paper cuts)


 
The skull on the left is made up of layers upon layers of white cartridge paper; it took me a while to work out which part of the skull I should do next, and which layer it should sit on. But I am really pleased with the outcome.











Fantasy Island
The Cut out on right took me 4 whole days to complete but I wouldn’t take that time back for i am really pleased with the final product every time I cut into paper I never feel disappointed with the work because it always looks clean in neat. Each cut I have done aren’t anything like the last even if they are on the same subject each tells its own story.



The story told in the roots of the tree describes the torture and the trapped life a fairy leads when caught to give you your precious fairy dust. You think your magic powder is made from the happy, life fulfilling fairies of the forest but in reality the trolls are our workers and they work day and night to grind the magic from the corpses of fairies. To provide you with your daily demand of wishes, you didn’t think you won the lottery on your own did you?


Map of England
We were asked to produce a map of England from the top of our heads, so me not knowing my own country very well and not even knowing what town I’m in when I call a taxi (dyslexic) I found this a daunting task however I have found out I wasn’t far off but couldn’t be so wrong at the same time. Hope you get a giggle at where I have placed some of the places

(Have a look at how I have spelt Dover)
This is cut out of cartridge paper and took me a little less time in comparison to my fantasy island but still time consuming.








No comments:

Post a Comment